Ruskin Senior Center upcoming events
• July 12 – 12:30 p.m. Savvy Savings Seniors Workshop is a workshop by center staff.
• July 12 – 3 to 5 p.m. Beginner and Advanced Line Dancing Lessons: Instructor led, beginner and advanced line dancing lessons are held every Thursday.
• July 16 – 10:30 a.m. Dear Ruskin Letter: An anonymous letter on any life or center topic is the focus for a discussion by center staff.
• July 25 – 10:30 a.m. Moffitt Cancer Center Clinical Trials Presentation: Watch a presentation by Moffitt Cancer Center staff.
• July 26 – 9:30 a.m. Back Porch Corn Hole Team Challenge: Go in and compete in a game of corn hole.
• July 29 – 1 p.m. Wellness Activity on fall prevention: County staff will share information on how to avoid falls.
• July 30 – 11:30 a.m. Nutrition Education: What is D.A.S.H. Eating? D.A.S.H. refers to Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension. County staff will share information on the D.A.S.H. diet, diet rich in fruits, vegetables, low fat or nonfat dairy.
• July 31 – 9:30 a.m. Savvy Coupon Club: attend a meeting of the coupon club.
• July 31 – 10 a.m. Remote Control Car Racing: Bring in your own car to race and compete.