Free tuition for senior citizens at HCC SouthShore
Students who are 60 years of age or older and have resided in the state of Florida for 12 consecutive months prior to the first day of class (Aug. 20, 2018) are eligible for the fee-waiver program to audit without paying registration, application, or related fees, provided that conditions stated are met. Hillsborough Community College’s SouthShore Campus will be enrolling students on Aug. 20 and 21 from 8 a.m. to noon in Room 223F of the Campus Multipurpose Facility. Tuition waivers are also available at all HCC Campuses. Seniors audit the classes and do not receive credit as a part of the tuition waiver.
• Go to www.hccfl.edu
• On the left side of the screen, select Search Sections
• Under Term, select the Current term from the dropdown 18/FA
• Under Location, select from dropdown SouthShore Campus
• Click Submit to find a class that has space availability
The following two (2) proofs of ID are required to register:
• Florida driver’s license — showing one year Florida residence.
• Florida voter’s registration — showing one year Florida residence.
• Car registration.
• Proof of purchase of a home or mortgage.
You will need to complete the following:
• An HCC application for admission.
• Complete a registration form.
• Present these forms to the campus Admissions, Registration, and Records office or at HCC SouthShore.
• Show proof of age to the registration clerk who will then sign the fee-waiver form and provide a copy of the student’s class schedule.
• Give the signed fee-waiver form to the campus bursar who will complete the process and provide the student with a paid receipt.
• This registration is based on space availability. The class must have space available on the first day of class.
• They must have at least 15 paying registered students for a senior citizen to be allowed to audit the class.
The HCC SouthShore Campus is at 551 24th St. N.E., in Ruskin, across from Lennard High School. The fee waiver does not include the cost of textbooks. If you have questions, call Peggy Lawless at 813-259-6158.