When you go to the Bradenton Farmers’ Market this weekend, visit the free community health fair from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in downtown Bradenton. There will be more than a dozen exhibitors, some of which correspond with National Public Health Week. The fair is sponsored by Tobacco Free Florida.
Here is what to expect:
• 10 a.m. – Health Cooking Demonstration, after which staff from Manatee Memorial Hospital will answer questions about healthy recipes and nutrition. Plus, you will be able to sample delicious nutritious and healthy good.
• Hourly – Wheel of Fortune, the Healthy Edition, where you can spin a wheel and play for prizes.
• Throughout the Day – Free Zumba and other group-exercise demonstrations by trained instructions.
And more information and services including:
• Blood pressure and glucose screening
• Information for healthy living for children and teens
• Disease prevention
• Women’s health
• Tobacco cessation
• Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
And after you learn about healthy cooking, nutrition and sample some recipes, you can shop at the The Downtown Bradenton Farmers’ Market
The markets sets up shop on Old Main Street, between Manatee Avenue West and Third Avenue West in downtown Bradenton. Parking is free, and dogs on leashes are welcome. For more information about the Bradenton Farmers’ Market, visit www.BradentonFarmersMarket.com.